Job Title:Financial Advisor
- Targeted Career Changer
- Clear Lake
Houston-Clear Lake, TX
Business Unit:The Personal Advisors Group
Eligible for Relocation:N
License:SERIES66 / SERIES7
Focused on people, not just our bottom line.
Here, you'll be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions. You'll work with other talented people who share your passion for doing great work that's in the best interest of our clients. And you'll have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office
- and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a company that cares, put a rewarding career more within reach at Ameriprise Financial.
Are you an accomplished professional looking for a career change? We are searching for highly skilled Business Professionals, Transitioning Military Officers, Non Commissioned Officers, Entrepreneurs and Sales Professionals, looking to use the skills they’ve acquired throughout their successful career to join our team of Financial Advisors.
The Career Changer program is the Premier Training System in the Financial Services industry, and was designed to help high achievers create and build a Financial Planning practice with Ameriprise.. This program is open to high achieving candidates that have not been a Financial Advisor in the past 10 years.
This program provides a strong base salary, along with bonus opportunity, and a generous benefits package. In addition, we integrate a unique 27 month training program that leverages your prior professional skills and experience, in partnership with a successful Financial Planning team.
Career Changer Advisors are teamed with an experienced successful Advisor that will provide job shadowing opportunities and mentoring to the new Advisor. Through this relationship and the robust two-year training curriculum, the new Advisor will learn all aspects of the role as he/she begins to build a business and grow a client base. Throughout their career Advisors engage in on-going professional development to increase industry, product, sales and servicing skills and abilities, and are required to maintain the required securities and state licenses.
Financial Advisors develop ongoing financial planning relationships with clients that are focused on helping clients achieve their financial goals. To do this, advisors focus on six key activities:
1. Generating leads through contacting personal networks, generating referrals, attending local seminars and trade shows, creating workplace partnerships, advertising, joining networking groups and utilizing web based marketing venues
2. Scheduling meetings with clients and prospects
3. Conducting meetings with clients/potential clients
4. Analyzing data
5. Proposing strategies and potential solutions
6. Providing ongoing client service to help clients stay on track of their financial goals
* Top performing professional whose career demonstrates a proven track record of success. Demonstrated thru tenure in employment and consistent promotions or career advancement
* Ability to provide information on goal accomplishments, promotions, commendations and awards, and advanced certifications of a successful career.
* Four-year college degree.
* Previous 5 years of work experience in client acquisition, or sales, or leadership, or entrepreneur work in a fast paced work environment.
* Ability to obtain required securities and state licenses within 150 days of hire.
* Demonstrated ability to generate new clients.
* High level of confidence, perseverance and a strong desire to achieve and succeed in a commissioned sales environment.
* Ability to build relationships, provide superior customer service, recover from rejection, learn a complex business, and have the self-discipline to focus on activities that will drive results.
* Outstanding verbal, written and listening communication skills.
* Entrepreneurial drive to build your own business by leveraging your personal network (natural market).
* Willingness and desire to be part of a team environment and to learn through a mentoring relationship.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, individuals who have a disability and previous military officers and non-commissioned officers are encouraged to apply.
Brokerage, investment and financial advisory services are made available through Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. Member FINRA and SIPC. Some products and services may not be available in all jurisdictions or to all clients. Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© 2013 Ameriprise Financial, Inc. All rights reserved.