Job Title:Interactive Software Engineer
Green Bay, WI
Business Unit:Auto & Home
Eligible for Relocation:N
You're ambitious and confident, ready for a challenge and looking for the right opportunity. You want a career with a company that enables you to achieve your highest potential while rewarding you for your efforts. Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance is a division of Ameriprise Financial, a FORTUNE 500 ® company, and one of the fastest growing insurance companies in the country. Through our exclusive partnerships with organizations such as Costco, Progressive and Ford Motor Company, we offer our personal insurance products throughout the country. We offer our customers high-quality, cost-effective auto, home and umbrella insurance products. In fact, A.M. Best, the leading independent rater of insurers in the country, has rated the companies within the Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance group "A" (Excellent) for financial strength, stability and soundness of operating performance. If you're driven to succeed and prepared to meet the ever-changing needs of our industry, then you're ready for a career at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance. You'll advance your career with a company committed to being the most respected personal insurance company in the country.
1FORTUNE Magazine, May 23, 2011
Insurance is underwritten by IDS Property Casualty Insurance Company and Ameriprise Insurance Company, both in De Pere, Wisconsin. Each company is a subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial, Inc. and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc., Member FINRA and SIPC.
© 2011 Ameriprise Financial, Inc. All rights reserved.
Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance’s interactive strategy encompasses a variation of social media, web, mobile, video, and many other interactive forms of communications. We are looking for an Interactive Software Engineer to serve as a technical leader and evangelist for interactive development and engineering throughout the organization. In this role, you will have the ability to make large scale improvements, drive organizational change, and utilize the latest technologies to build interactive solutions from mobile and web to ecommerce and multi-tier websites.
The Interactive team at Ameriprise Auto and Home is a multi-function team of ecommerce application engineering, architecture, technology development, technical business analysts, and performance engineering. Our team is expected to own the goal of advancing the organization forward using a combination of emerging technologies and interactive design. Today we are planning for web, mobile, and social media; but the role of our team is to adapt and guide the organization to wherever the market and the world takes us.
Your role on this team will be to act as a technical leader in web application design and development whose key responsibilities will be to act as an evangelist of interactive solutions, be an expert liaison between business and technical departments, lead the support of existing technologies, and work with architecture to establish new design and application trends for our products and services. You should be someone that will be able to:
* Work autonomously and with limited direction while also excelling in a team setting.
* Develop and present business cases for interactive solutions to information technology leadership and senior business leaders.
* Use excellent written and verbal communication skills while working with business and information technology to understand strategy and provide solutions.
* Lead the development and planning of our mobile and emerging technology development standards.
* Function as an interactive technologies evangelist by leading the organization in new interactive technologies.
* Act as a technical leader for large interactive initiatives.
* Be able to support complex multi-tier interactive systems.
* Mentor the IT organization on mobile and web practices.
The right person may have experience in some of the tools and technologies we use, but the most important skills are:
* Undergraduate degree in Marketing, IT, or other applicable area.
* Ability to lead the creation of web application systems using user experience design principals.
* Strong intellectual curiosity to understand tools that benefit the convergence between business and IT.
* Honest and egoless approach to mentoring IT and organizational teams.
* Passion for understanding the customer’s needs and a pride in owning a solution.
* The ability to learn fast to achieve business objectives while continuously changing with the industry.
* Ability to work with customers and nontechnical people.
* Flexibility in approach and a willingness to develop and maintain a wide repertoire of skills.
Experience/exposure to the following is a plus but not required:
* WCF, MVC, Entity Framework, Web Services, PL/SQL, and/or JAVA , C# ASP .Net 3.5 and 4.0 using databases Oracle, MS SQL